- Here are the steps to assign a macro to a desired key in the OP program:
- Open the OP program and click on Key Bindings.
- Choose a desired key where you want to assign a macro.
- Click on the key in the upper right corner of the screen and choose Key instead of FN+that key.
- Go to Action, then Default, and click on Macro.
- Below, you will see the option Choose Macro. Click on it to open a drop-down menu with the following features:
- New Macro: Allows you to create a new macro. Click on it to open a new window.
- Macro Name: Click on it to give the macro a title. Then click on Add Key to input the keys that you need and press Save Changes.
- Edit: Allows you to edit the profile below every title of Macro that you choose. Click on it to open another drop-down menu that makes it possible for you to edit the profile. Always go to Save Changes in the end.
Note that macros aren't transferable to each of the four available profiles, so you would need to create new macros for each profile. Macros are stored directly in the keyboard's internal memory, and they can be used without the OP software.