If you experience issues with using the Bluetooth mode on our BOLT mouse, we would suggest that you try out the following troubleshooting steps:
- First step would be to Update the Bluetooth Driver.
- Go to Search, type device manager, and open Device Manager.
- Find your Bluetooth mouse, right-click on it, and select Update driver software.
- Apply the updates if there are any.
- Restart your computer and try to connect your Bluetooth mouse again.
Second one is to Change the Power and Sleep settings.
- Open the Settings app and click on System.
- Navigate to the Power & Sleep tab.
- Uncheck both On battery power, stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep and When plugged-in, stay connected to Wi-Fi while asleep options.
Third would be to check if the Bluetooth service is running.
- Press Windows key + R to open the elevated Run command line.
- In the command line, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to Bluetooth support service.
- If it’s set to started, it is fgood. If not, right-click and choose Start.
If none of the above steps resolve the Bluetooth issues, then run the system troubleshooter:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & security.
- Choose Troubleshoot from the left pane
- Click on Run the troubleshooter under the Bluetooth icon.
- Follow the instructions.